Looking for an opportunity to
- Help families living overseas?
- Travel and see other parts of the world?
- Interact with children through teaching, playing, and caring for them for a week?
AERC is consistently seeking volunteers to work with us in providing a Children’s Program for our Family Education Conferences. Those interested need to be responsible and reliable and understand the needs of third culture kids. They must be able to provide safety and care for the children, and lead a program of activities. They are expected to abide by the AERC standard of conduct, upholding the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
Normally age requirements for childcare workers are the following:
- Adult as classroom head teacher
- Teens age 15 and above as classroom assistants
- Age 13-15 if under the direct supervision of a parent
- Children under 13 only by special arrangement with the Executive Director
Contribution of airfare by all staff enables AERC to offer the conference at a cost that families can afford. The board has also asked that when possible, workers cover the cost of their room and board. If that is not possible, AERC can cover room and board during the conference, pre-conference, and one day prior to a worker’s responsibilities, and the night the conference ends. Extra time in the hotel, tours, and souvenirs are the responsibility of each staff member.